#BibleBreakDown - Am I following God?


Welcome to the first edition of Bible Breakdown where I explain in my own words the meaning of scriptures from the bible.


 Before I begin I would like to say a Big Thank You everyone from the US, UK, Sweden, Belgium, Germany and India locking into my blog over the the past couple of weeks. May God bless you all. 

Lets get started.

Proverbs 8:17

"I love those who love me, 
and those who seek me find me"

This bible verse from a first glance may seem short and simple, although when we read between the lines its meaning is endless. The verse was taken from the Proverbs 8 where the teachings is centered around calling followers of God to become wise. Simple in theory. Its clear that God almighty values those who value him in their lives. As to love is to value something deer, be it a person, object or a hobby.

 To cherish to protect. In our relationship with God, love can be a representation of the sacrifices we make in order to be one with him in spirit. For example not taking that extra shift on Sunday morning to abide by the Sabbath. Or in public enduring the barrage of comments from people who question your belief in God and mock you. Love is this case symbolizes the extent we would go to follow God's will. Gaining prudent as said in Proverbs 8:5 - which links back to the theme of wisdom.

"...seek me find me..."

Again at first this sub-verse has a very simplistic touch to it too. However we who follow God can seek him and attempt to seek his righteousness in many ways as you know already. Being a servant. Praying for our forgiveness of sins. Doing good works. The list is endless. In our relationship with God attempting to emulate his perfection, by doing his work, will ensure we find him truly.

Finding God's joy, happiness, fulfillment he has to give to his few children who will inherit his kingdom - all more valuable than the finest gold and silver jewelry, necklaces and luxurious watches. Fearing the Lord is also part of this formula.

Amen.

COMMENT SHARE & FOLLOW

Let me know what you think.

Set your hearts set on Christ and remember James 1:12-22



Comments